I just had a grown man tell me to “go make me a sandwich” as I was doing his pourover
I told him I didn’t understand what he meant because we’re a coffee shop, and he was like “oh it’s a joke” and I said I “didn’t get it” and he went “it’s funny because you’re a woman working in a kitchen”
And I just stared at him until he got how stupid he soundedlet them feel their ignorance burn into their souls
I’m giving away some swag from GISHWHES 2013; items include the dessert cookbook, a headband, phone case, bumper sticker, and of course a GISHWHES flag signed by the illustrious Mr. Misha Collins.
the rules are as follows:
- must be following me
- reblogs only; likes don’t count
- no contest blogs
- giveaway will end on November 1st at 10:30pm EST
- winner will be selected with a random number generator
- winner’s askbox must be open; once contacted they will have 24 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen
- winner can live anywhere in the world!
it’s 2014 and having a valid and logical argument with your parents is still “talking back”
People become attractive over time as you get to know them. Someone who you once felt completely neutral towards can make your stomach do somersaults. It’s not that they were not good looking to begin with, it’s just that things happened which made your conscience ease up and your heart changed. Good character can contribute to how someone perceives you.
this still remains true to this day
Day 77, no one suspects a thing.
I was so focused on the one dog sitting patiently in the back that I didn’t even realize
Actual Quotes from my Dad (An English Teacher)
- Dad: Why the hell did you put a comma there?
- Dad: Do you even know what a participial phrase is?
- Dad: Omg. He's like my favorite character of all time.
- Dad: Who should I dress up as for the movie premier?
- Dad: Hey are you awake? I know it's late, but you read Animal Farm, right? Yeah. I need you to read this report. I can't tell if I am just super tired or if this is actual bullshit.
- Dad: Alesha wouldn't be able to spell 'definitely' right if wrote it down for her. She would fucking erase it and then write 'defiantly', because she doesn't care. I hate her.
- Dad: I need you to bake brownies. I lost a bet.
- Dad: Omg. You cannot ship me with Gilcher. You know I don't like tattoos and he's like twenty-five. And for Christ's sake, he teaches math.
- Dad: Omg. Gilcher said the funniest thing today.
- Dad: Mrs. Ashworth and I have decided to start a band. It'll be called Great Expectations.
- Dad: It's like you didn't read the fucking book.
- Dad: Okay. So this week you're reading this book I stole from Mrs. Ashworth's. It's like sixty pages long, but you'll love it.
- Dad: *puts books on my bed for me to read everyday and demands that I read them*
- Dad: My son doesn't like reading. I have not only failed him, but society. You aren't my son. Leave.
- Dad: Okay. So you're getting books for Christmas. All of you. I get discounts on them since I'm a teacher, and since I'm a teacher, it's all I can afford, so...
- Dad: Fucking standardized testing can go fuck itself in the ass.
- Dad: I have to teach for the required testing instead of what they really need to know.
- Dad: Fuck the government.
- Dad: Fuck the school board.
- Dad: Close the door.
- Dad: Charles Dickens was so fucking pretentious, and I hate him, but he also caused change, but he's such a Dick. Ha. DICKens.
- Dad: I love puns.
- Dad: People who say sarcasm is the lowest form of humor are assholes.
- Dad: Please shut up.
- Dad: Catching Fire was the worst book but the best movie and that feels weird.
- Dad: I wouldn't get so mad when you call me at school if you didn't change your ringtones to inappropriate rap music.
- Dad: I fucking hate Alesha. She asked what countries were apart of Austria-Hungary today and I almost told her to get out.
- Dad: You cannot visit my school in a dress that short. There are boys there.
- Dad: Barbra Parks is fucking Queen.
- Dad: I need you to make me a good, relaxing playlist for silent reading. I'm too lazy.
- Dad: If I have to watch two of my students grind on each other at one more dance, I will kill them both.
- Dad: They act like I care what they think.
- Dad: I hate homework.
- Dad: I have decided to become a politician.
- Dad: What's the one book with the guys and the one kills the other and the chick without a name who dies and the short angry man? Mouseman? Oh my fucking gosh. Of Mice and Men. I have failed.
if your boyfriend is your best friend, you’re doing it right.
if your boyfriend is your only friend, you’re doing it wrong.
it’s so weird that men can make endless misogynistic comments and not have to reassure people that they don’t hate women but when women, especially those in the spotlight, talk about things concerning women they feel an overwhelming need to constantly reassure the world that they don’t hate men, that they love men.
and by weird i mean a cultural norm to demean women and overvalue men.
MATILDA IS THE IDEAL MOVIE AND HERE IS WHY
- female protag
- no love story cause shes a six yr old
- bff is a small girl of color
- bechdel test passed in like the first ten minutes
- anti-bullying message
- anti-abuse message
- pro-learning message
- this girl is so smart she can move things with her MIND
- teaches kids that if ppl are toxic, even if they are family, then you don’t have to stay with them
- so cute!!!!
- great soundtrack
- happiest ending
- infinitely relatable
these are the facts people